The chapel is part of the original church of the parish formerly called Kilmorie and was abandoned in 1782, when the present church was built . The church was originally three times as long as it was broad . The foundations of the destroyed part can be traced running out to the West.
Inside the Chapel are the burials of generations of Chiefs of MacLachlan
St Maelrhuba’s Chapel and Graveyard, Kilmorie
Further details on all the historic buildings can be found by clicking the button
below to transfer to Canmore, the register
of the Royal Commision on Historical Monuments Scotland.